To keep our Scout Group running, we not only have Kaiārahi (Leaders), but also a committee. Our committee is usually made up of volunteers, these are parents of children from each of our sections, Keas, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers, or other interested persons, former Scouts, etc.
What is a Committee?
The purpose is to assist the Mayfield Scout Group Leader with the management and administration of the Group, so that warranted leaders can concentrate on the delivery of the programme.
The Committee is responsible to the Group Leader and is elected at the Annual Meeting of the Mayfield Scout Group. It subsequently elects its own Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, and other officers it considers desirable.
The Chairperson of the Committee is a crucial team member assisting the Mayfield Scout Group Leader. The two should work in partnership for the good of the Group and the youth.
Whad Does the Committee Do?
The Group Committee usually meets at least twice per school term but may meet more often if required.
The main functions of the committee are to:
- Provide the Group with sufficient Leaders
- Arrange and maintain the meeting place for Keas, Cubs, Scouts, and Venturers
- Control and administer the Group assets and finances
- Provide adequate equipment and property to support the Section programmes
- Assist the Group Leader with liaison between the Group and the community
- Encourage social activities to assist the Group
- Assist the Leaders with camp arrangements, and if members have the skills, with technical or specialist instruction
- Hold an Annual Meeting
There are 3 essential roles in the committee and several optional roles.
The essential roles are:
Optional roles include:
- Membership Officer
- Transport Officer
- Communication and Newsletter Officer
- Hall Manager
- Fundraising Officer
Join Our Committee
Are you interested in joining our Committee? we would love to hear from you, please submit an enquiry using the Contact Us form or email us at email@example.com.