Cubs is all about adventure! We offer a programme where the youth are encouraged to experience, experiment and explore.
In the Cubs you get to plan their own adventures and programme.
They can challenge yourself to learn new skills while working in small teams with supporting adults.
Cubs learn life-long skills, make new friends and have FUN!
Cubs are provided with opportunities to experience a range of adventures. It is for youth aged between 8 and 11 years old (Years 4 -6 at school)
Mayfield Cubs meet on Wednesday evenings, sessions start at 6:30pm and finish at 8:00pm.
As a Cub You Will:
- Make new friends and have lots of fun!
- Go on exciting new adventures like camping, bushwalking, kayaking, and rock climbing.
- Spend time in your community, work in teams with others, and learn about different cultures.
- Learn new skills and test your creativity.
- Participate in Events such as Pinewood Derby, Mudslide Day, and JOTI (Jamboree On The Internet).
Our Scout Promise
On my honour,
I promise to do my best,
To develop my spiritual beliefs,
To contribute to my community,
country and world,
To help other people,
And to live by the Scout Law.
Te kī Taurangi Scout
E mana ai taku kī taurangi,
kia pukumahi te mahi,
Kia tau te whakapono-ā-wairua,
Kia ihu oneone ki te hapori,
ki te whenua tupu, ki te ao,
Manaakitia tangata kē,
Kia ū ki tā te ture i kī mai ai.
Are you interested in joining our Cub Pack? head over to the Join! page to ask us a question.